NuShield® (Surgical & Sports Medicine)
NuShield® is a more complete dehydrated placental allograft designed to protect and support healing for surgical applications in targeted soft tissue repairs. It is an easy-to-use, off-the-shelf product available in multiple sizes.1
Organogenesis’ proprietary BioLoc™ processing method results in less manipulation than other dehydrated amniotic allografts. This process preserves the native structure of the amnion and chorion membranes, and maintains the spongy/intermediate layer, which is an abundant source of proteoglycans, glycoproteins and hyaluronic acid. Through this process, Nushield is also optimized to provide excellent strength, flexibility, and handling.1-5
- NuShield Instructions for Use, 2017.
- Data on file. Organogenesis Inc.
- Mowry KC et al. Poster presented at SAWC, Fall 2015.
- Parry S, Strauss JF III. N Engl J Med. 1998;338(10):663-670
- McQuilling JP et al. Wounds. 2017;29(5):E36-E40. 5